Homemade Organic Lip Balm

I love lip stuff! Whether it is gloss or balm, I can not get enough. Whenever I shop, I buy stuff for my lips. Needless to say I have a lot of lip gloss and balm. Another thing I always do is look at labels and ingredients. More often than not I find myself coming across stuff and for the life of me I cannot figure out what the hell I am reading! I feel if I cannot pronounce it I probably should not touch it, let alone have it in my body. So I decided why not try my hand at making my own lip balm with ingredients I can pronounce and know what they are. I watched tons of videos and read numerous articles on how to make lip balms. It all seemed so easy and straightforward, so why not? I had almost all the ingredients necessary except beeswax because all of them I use when making my own hair products. So once I had the beeswax and containers I finally gave it shot. Then I started to panic a little (okay, a lot). I started doubting that mine would turn out like it should. But I proceeded to make it anyway. This is my first attempt at making lip balm. It turned out really good. I passed some out to friends and family and they loved it!

The Ingredients:

Raw and Organic Shea Butter
Raw Cocoa Butter
Beeswax
Pure Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Peppermint Oil (or your favorite oil)




Directions:

Fill a pot up with water and set on the stove and start boiling the water.
Measure 1 oz (or 2 tablespoons) of Shea butter, cocoa butter, and beeswax in a place measuring cup.
Also add  1 tablespoon of coconut oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
Place the plastic measuring cup in the middle of the pot.
Let simmer until the butters and beeswax melt. This process could take a little while.
Stir the ingredients.
When everything has melted remove from heat. Turn off the stove. Do not toss out the hot water.
For an added scent/flavor, mix in your favor essential oil.
Just let the mixture cool for a couple of minutes.
Pour the mixture into the tins or tubes. I filled up eight tins!
Let cool for 10-20 minutes so that the mix can set.
Place the measuring cup and any utensils used into the pot of hot water. This will make it easier to remove the wax and butters.
Once the mixture has set, it is ready to use.

The Results:










Enjoy!!!

Popular Posts