Obsession

Hey scholars! So I am currently obsessed with Bolthouse Farms® Smoothies, Teas and Lattes. On a recent trip to the grocery store I went to pickup the Green Goodness smoothie. As placed it in my cart, I noticed another bottle staring me in the face. I have seen it a number of times before but never bothered to pick it up and see what it was and what was in it. This time it was staring me in the face and called out to me! So I picked it up, read the label and decided to give it a try. Oh my goodness! I did not know what I was missing out on. The Vanilla Chai Tea is perfect. Instead of coffee in the mornings, I crave this drink. I am so hooked. Well, I had to get some more, I mean one bottle just was not enough. This time another called out to me. The Green Tea Soy Latte is heaven on earth. How did I ever get so caught up in the other juices and smoothies from this brand that I passed up these two little angels? Well never again will I pass up the opportunity to make my day a little better by skipping pass my two new friends.

This line is supposed to be a healthy alternative to other drinks that are loaded with high fructose corn syrup and also to help consumers make healthier choices. So let's see what is in these drinks shall we?

Green Goodness:

This is a vegetable and fruit smoothie packed with vitamins, minerals and supplements that we should regularly ingest.



Ingredients:

Apple Juice from concentrate (water, apple juice concentrate,) Pineapple Juice from concentrate (water, pineapple juice concentrate,) Mango Puree from concentrate (water, mango puree concentrate,) Banana Puree, Kiwi Juice, Natural Flavor, Spirulina, Open Cell Chlorella, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid,)  Lime Juice, Zinc Sulfate, Broccoli, Green Tea, Spinach, Barley Grass, Wheat Grass, Blue Green Algae, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Odorless Garlic, Tamarind Puree, Dragon Fruit Juice, Lemon Bioflavanoids, Jerusalem Artichoke and Nova Scotia Dulce.

Spirulina is a blue-green algae with a wide-range of health benefits. It is loaded with Beta-Carotene, is a complete source of vegetable-based protein, and is naturally high in B Vitamins. Spirulina also contains Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), an essential fatty acid.

Nutritional Information:

Serving Size: 8 oz (240mL)
Calories: 140
Total Fat: 0
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 25mg
Potassium: 470mg
Total Carbohydrates: 33g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Sugars: 27g
Protein: 2g
Vitamin A: 120%
Calcium: 2%
Folic Acid: 30%
Vitamin B6: 15%
Manganese: 150%
Vitamin C: 105%
Iron: 15%
Riboflavin: 7%
Vitamin B12: 30%
Zinc: 120%
*** Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 calorie diet.***

The Taste:

Although it is a weird looking green color with all kinds of stuff in it, it tastes surprisingly good. As far as the taste goes, the fruits are truly the stars. The smell is not too bad either. But it tastes way better than it looks and smells.


Vanilla Chai Tea w/ Soy Protein:





Ingredients:

Soy milk, Brewed Green Tea, Natural Flavors, Vanilla Extract, Apple Juice, Soy Protein Isolate, Calcium, Carrageenan, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Zinc, Iron, Vitamin B12.


Nutritional Information:

Serving Size: 8 oz (240 mL)
Calories 160
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg    
Sodium 80 mg
Potassium 150 mg
Total Carbs 27 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 26 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 0%
Calcium 30%
Vitamin C 100%
 Iron 15%

***Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

The Taste:

The taste is very pleasant. I love the spices and vanilla. To me it is more like a soy nog than tea. Although it is a protein drink, it does not have that gritty texture.

Green Tea Soy Latte:



Ingredients:

Soy Milk From Concentrate (water, soy milk concentrate), Matcha Green Tea (water, matcha green tea), Cane Sugar, Soy Protein Isolate, Natural Flavor, Acacia Gum, Dipotassium Phosphate, Calcium (Tricalcium Phosphate), Carrageenan, Salt, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid).


Nutritional Information:
Serving Size: 8 oz (240 mL)
Calories 150
Total Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg    
Sodium 80 mg
Potassium 240 mg
Total Carbs 25 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 24 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 0%
Calcium 30%
Vitamin C 150%
Iron 6%

***Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.


The Taste:

I admit that I was a bit skeptical about tasting this because I do not typically like the taste of green tea. This right here is the business! I love the taste and texture of this latte.

**The teas both contain green tea. Studies have shown that regular consumption of green tea helps to prevent cancer risks, balance cholesterol levels by raising the "good" HDL and lowering the "bad" LDL, and may be used to naturally control blood sugar.**  

Warning:

The downside to all of these drinks is that they are high in sugar, so be careful about throwing back too much of these drinks in one day!



Enjoy!!!


Popular posts from this blog

Black Berries Hanging from Trees: Accounts of Black Women Lynched in America

Interracial Relationships, Symbols of Hate, and Supreme Court Rulings

Stereotypes and Images of Black Women in the Media