Fruit and Water Combinations: Total Deliciousness!

Hey scholars! According to medical studies, everyone should drink about eight glasses of water per day. Water is a vital component to our bodies functioning properly; every system depends on water to carry out their duties. It makes up sixty percent of our body weight. Even with knowing all of this, trying to drink so much water everyday can be really hard to do. Sometimes I do not want to drink strictly water because I need something with some flavor to it. When I do drink water, I do not come close to getting eight glasses per day. So in order to help make this daily goal achievable I cut up fruit and place them in a pitcher. By adding fruit in my water, it makes me want to drink more water. The fruit gives the water a nice, refreshing taste. The fun part of this is that whichever fruit(s) you like you can put them into your water.

Some of my favorite combinations include: Strawberry, Mango, and Peaches (in the picture below); Strawberry and Kiwi; Lemon and Lime; Lemon, Cucumber, and Mint Leaves; Orange and Pineapple; Lime and Strawberry; Lemon and Strawberry, the list goes on and on. Although I use a regular pitcher, there are other methods of infusing fruit with water such using a fruit infusion pitcher made especially for infusing fruit into beverages.






Also, mason jars are great for infusing fruit into water.




***Disclaimer: The picture of the water and fruit in the mason jars are courtesy of Google Images.***

Enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

Black Berries Hanging from Trees: Accounts of Black Women Lynched in America

Interracial Relationships, Symbols of Hate, and Supreme Court Rulings

Stereotypes and Images of Black Women in the Media