Gels and Pastes Oh My!

Hey Scholars! I admit that I am a product junkie. In my collection, I have many different products for many different things. I have collected a few gels for my edges, braid/twist outs as well as gels for wash and gos. Currently, I have five different gels in my collection that I have come to love for any style I choose to wear my hair in.
When my hair was relaxed I used Let's Jam gels on my hair. Now that I am natural I still use some of the products in this line. I especially like the Mega Hold Styling Gel because it does not flake or cause itchiness. I love it for my edges. My edges are unruly and this gel does a great job smoothing them down without having to use a lot to keep them down.



I also have Curls Passion fruit Curl Control Paste. There are no Sulfates, Silicones  Parabens, Mineral or Petroleum oil. Although this paste is a little on the heavy side, it does not weigh my hair down or cause flakiness or itchiness. I have only used this gel on my edges so I am not sure how it is on braid/twist outs; the reviews I have seen have been mixed.



I have two different EcoStyler gels in my collection. I currently use the Pink gel with a firmness hold of 8 and the Moroccan Argan Oil gel with a firmness hold of 10. Although it has a firm hold it works well with braids and twists. I have been happy with this gel since it came in my March 2013 CurlKit.


The EcoStyler Moroccan Argan Oil gel is my favorite. I use it for my edges as well as a styler when I twist or braid my hair.



Last but not least I use Jamaican Mango and Lime Locking Gel. I use this when I go to my protective style of twists using Marley Braid hair. What I love about this gel is that it does not cause build up and a little goes a long way.


On YouTube, MahoganyCurls© has posted a review about the gels in the EcoStyler line. Click here to check it out.

Popular posts from this blog

Black Berries Hanging from Trees: Accounts of Black Women Lynched in America

Interracial Relationships, Symbols of Hate, and Supreme Court Rulings

Stereotypes and Images of Black Women in the Media