My Favorite Products: Conditioners

     Hey Scholars! This post will cover the conditioners, deep conditioners, and leave-in conditioners that I am currently using. I condition my hair on a daily basis. Although this summer has not exactly been a scorcher where I am, the weather was still hot causing my scalp to become dry and my hair to frizz. Throughout the summer, I kept my hair styled in Marley twists, which causes a lot of scalp to be exposed to the sun. Whenever I wear my hair like this, I make sure to condition and oil my scalp every day. I also make sure to wash my hair so that I am not continuously piling products on top of products. Let’s get into the list.

1. Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner: I have not come across a Shea Moisture product that I did not like. I love this conditioner. When I take down my twists this is my go to conditioner. It instantly removes product build up without causing knots and tangles. I also use it before putting my twists in for added protection from dryness.  



2. Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner (GPB): I do not always use a protein treatment but when I do this is the one I use. Depending on how long I keep my twists in, I will use this to strengthen my hair after being in the same state for so long.  



3. TRESemmé Naturals- Radiant Volume and Nourishing Moisture: I love these two conditioners. I often use them as leave-ins. For the best results, I use one of these after deep conditioning.  


4. Caviar Curls Velvet Leave- In Detangler: I just received this product in this month's CurlKit. I went about taking my twists down one by one to freshen up my look. Once I removed the twist, I dipped my fingers in water and smoothed the water down my hair shaft. Then I  put some of this conditioner on my fingers and smoothed it down my hair shaft. I worked the product in and the build up broke down and basically slid down my hair allowing me to remove it without snatching or tearing my hair. This leave-in detangler will be a permanent fixture in my collection. A new favorite of mine hands down!  


5. and 6. Giovanni's- Smooth as Silk and Direct Leave- In: I love these conditioners because they do not weigh my hair down. I love the bounce they give my curls and how soft my curls are after using one or a little of both at the same time. They also work as great stylers by setting the hair and prepping it for twists, braids, or curls.   


7. Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner: I go to this conditioner when I need some extra attention to my curls. Not only does it conditions my scalp and hair, it works as a great detangler. I love this because my hair consists of many textures and this product works well with all of them!   


8. Pantene Truly Natural Deep Conditioner: I use this deep conditioner before using the Pantene Co-Wash. This technique is called pre-pooing. I love how this conditioner quenches my curls' thirst without weighing them down making me feel like I need to wash my hair all over again.  


Popular Posts