My Favorite Stylers

     Hey Scholars! Building a moisturizing regimen is essential to your hair holding onto moisture so as not to cause dryness. If your curls are tightly coiled, look for thick/creamy moisturizers. Although moisturizing will not help your hair grow, it will mitigate damage during handling (for example, combing, detangling, styling, etc.), which will result in length retention. Let’s face it, moisturized hair looks way better than dry hair. You know when our hair looks and feels good, we look and feel good!
     So let's get started:

1. Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter: I often use this when putting my Marley twists in. I find that I do not have to use a lot to get the desired results. My curls are tightly coiled in some places, and this product does a great job in moisturizing my hair without weighing it down and making it a sticky, gooey mess. The smell of the rosemary oil comes out quite strong but I have gotten used to it.



2. Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment : I love this product. When I take my twists down to give my hair a rest, I use this treatment. It is gentle and restores the moisture to my hair.



3. Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Curl Defining Pudding- Intensive Treatment: You can not go wrong with this product. The olive oil and mango butter are a dynamic duo. Olive oil is a great oil for any hair type, relaxed or natural. When my hair was relaxed I used Organic Root Stimulator products and I loved how they made my hair and scalp look and feel. As a natural, olive oil really has become one of my hair's best friends.  


4. Homemade Whipped Mango Butter (click here for the link to how I make mine): Mango butter is a great alternative for those allergic to certain products such as coconut oil and cocoa butter. The best benefit of making your own mixture is that you know exactly what is in it. You control what goes into and onto your hair. There are so many butters and oils out there; you are free to make whatever you want and find that special mix that works especially for you!


5. Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk: This is a thirst quencher for my curls. I just love it! It is great for wash and gos, twists, braids, or however you decide to rock your hair.


6. Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie: This is a permanent staple in my collection. My curls drink this stuff up! I can not stress how amazing this smoothie is.



     There are also other methods you can use to make sure you hair is retaining moisture such as drinking plenty of water every day, sleeping in a satin bonnet, scarf, or on a satin pillow case, and keeping your hands out of your hair. What works for others may not work for you. Experiment with products to find what works for you. Also, moisturize as often as you need to.
         It is important to remember that after moisturizing your hair, seal in the moisture using butters or oils. Click here for my essential oils.  

Popular Posts