20 Random Facts About Me

Hey Scholars!

I have decided to post random facts about myself as i think about the direction I want my blog to go in. In this process, I want my readers to get to know the person behind the posts. When I started this blog, i just wanted to do it, so I went for it. As I grow and evolve as a person, I want my blog to be a reflection of my journey through life, especially now and through these next few years. Within the past year, I entered a doctoral program where I am studying history. This is a really exciting and critical time in my life. As I make my way through this program, I want my blog to reflect this journey. As I redefine and re-examine what I want my blog to look and feel like, I am starting things off by re-introducing myself to you. So here it goes, 20 facts about myself.  



a. I am left handed
b.  I am a pesco-pollo vegetarian (no red meat but will eat seafood- love grilled salmon!)
c.  I have 3 degrees (1 Bachelors-in African and African American studies and 2 Master’s- Humanities and Public History).
d. Not a big alcohol drinker but my drinks of choice are Snoqualmie Riesling and Little Bosco Malvasia di Castelnuovo Don Bosco
e. I love foreign and independent films. My favorite is "Like Water for Chocolate."





f.  I prefer Pilates to Yoga. 
g. I am a PhD student studying history (19th and 20th century US History). My dissertation will focus on the United States during the 20th century. 
h. I am Hebrew, both my first and middle names are Biblical. 
i. I have studied abroad in France (2008) and South Africa (2010)





j. I just got my driver’s license in January of this year (at 28 y/o)
k. My favorite colors are black, silver, and purple
l. I have been on my natural hair journey for three years (Big chopped Feb 2012)
m. I used to box as a child and also in high school. SouthPaw baby! 





n. I am an introvert
o. My first car was a 2000 Saturn LS1
p. My first pet was a Tabby cat I named “Tom.” This was his unofficial name, like I really only used it on vet documents or when introducing people to him. When it was just the two of us, I called him whatever came to mind such as, Fatboy Slim, Vladimir Putin, etc. 



q. I have three piercings in each ear (used to be four)
r. My nose is pierced
s. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. Now I live in Tennessee. 
t. My favorite writers are Toni Morrison and Tiana Laveen. Needless to say, I am an avid reader. 






Popular posts from this blog

Black Berries Hanging from Trees: Accounts of Black Women Lynched in America

Interracial Relationships, Symbols of Hate, and Supreme Court Rulings

Stereotypes and Images of Black Women in the Media