Super Delicious, Creamy Dreamsicle Juice

Hey Scholars!

For the past year, I have been transitioning from vegetarianism to veganism. It has been a year since I have eaten chicken and fish, however, I have been consuming dairy this summer. I understand that this is a process, so I am not beating myself up too badly. I will say that I am reevaluating my lifestyle and am making conscious decisions to consume only a vegan diet. I am also thinking of being a fullyraw vegan, at least most of the time. 

Last week, I had a stomach virus. It was hard to eat anything, so to be gentle with my stomach and intake nutrients, I decided to make a juice that would be easy on my stomach and help me replenish the nutrients I lost while sick. One of my favorite juices is a Dreamsicle juice. This juice is creamy, smooth, and so flavorful. It is really simple to make. All you need are five ingredients: carrots, oranges, coconut water, pink lady apples, and vanilla extract. You will also need a juicer or a blender as this recipe is great for a smoothie as well. 

Regardless of your dietary choices, it is important to consume colorful foods for your overall health. I posted a previous blog about colorful foods and what they do for your health. Find it here.


  

For this juice I used:

1 Bag of Carrots (It has roughly eight carrots in it.)
5 Pink Lady Apples (You can also use Fiji or any red apple)
8 Navel Oranges (Tangelos also work)
2 Cups of Coconut Water (Whichever brand you prefer)
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (A little goes a long way, but if you love vanilla you may add more; you can also use a sliver of vanilla bean)

Prep your ingredients by cutting your apples, washing your carrots, measuring your coconut water and vanilla extract, and peeling and cutting your oranges.  

Feed everything into your juicer or blender. For my juice, I take and strain it into a large glass bowl and then pour it into a glass jar and sip from a glass straw.  If blending, make sure to blend until it is smooth. 



Enjoy!!! 

Popular posts from this blog

Black Berries Hanging from Trees: Accounts of Black Women Lynched in America

Interracial Relationships, Symbols of Hate, and Supreme Court Rulings

Stereotypes and Images of Black Women in the Media