Watermelon and Cherry Juice

Hey scholars!

Today I did some produce shopping. I was craving a juice, but did not really know what I wanted that juice to be. As I made it to the produce section, I zoomed in on small watermelons! I have missed them so. During the off season, I see bowls of watermelon chunks and slices, but they do not replace buying a big watermelon. I can make do with the small ones. I grabbed a couple of them along with other fruits and vegetables for the kitchen stash and made my way home. 

As I stood in my kitchen, I wondered what do I want to add to the watermelon. Light bulb! Cherries, coconut water, and lemon juice. Rather than juice these ingredients, I decided to go for the blender. Here is what I came up with.

Ingredients:
1 cup of frozen cherries
1 cup coconut water
juice of 1 lemon
1 small watermelon cut into chunks

Add everything to the blender. Run for a 1 minute or so.

Strain and pour.

Enjoy! 



Popular posts from this blog

Black Berries Hanging from Trees: Accounts of Black Women Lynched in America

Interracial Relationships, Symbols of Hate, and Supreme Court Rulings

Stereotypes and Images of Black Women in the Media