Cherry Chocolate Smoothie

Hey scholars!

Cravings. This week, I have been craving chocolate, so much chocolate. Last night, I needed a quick chocolate fix something terrible. I had the type of chocolate craving that would have made me irritable as hell if I decided to ignore it. Instead of indulging in junk, I wanted a smoothie. Last time, I made a chocolate covered strawberry smoothie. Rather than use strawberries, this time I tried a different berry. Growing up, I loved chocolate covered cherries, my abuela's favorite candy- they still are. A few days ago, I visited a candy shop with some friends. I saw some chocolate covered cherries and was inspired to make a similar smoothie. Quick, simple, delicious, and satisfying. Here is what I came up with. 


Ingredients:

2 cups almond milk
1 cup frozen cherries
2.5 frozen bananas 
2 tbsp cacao powder 

Blend. Pour. Enjoy!!




Popular posts from this blog

Black Berries Hanging from Trees: Accounts of Black Women Lynched in America

Interracial Relationships, Symbols of Hate, and Supreme Court Rulings

Stereotypes and Images of Black Women in the Media