Blends: Watermelon Juice and Cherry Tea

Hey scholars!

In the mornings during the summer, I like to get creative with my beverages. Since the morning hours are hot as hell, I like to cool off with tea. Here in the south, sweet iced tea is usually the way to go, but not for me. One, I do not like added sugars in my tea, and two, I never really drank iced tea, until now. This morning's blend is a naturally sweet, refreshing, candy like drink. 

Ingredients:

2 cups of watermelon juice, I used the red traffic light juice
1 black cherry tea bag, I used this brand
1-3 lime slices
A few splashes of coconut water or regular water 

Directions:

Add ice cubes to the bottom 
Place the tea bag and lime slices on top
Add more ice cubes
Pour watermelon juice until full; leave room for the water



I make these teas a couple of hours before I leave the house each morning and place them in the freezer, so that by the time I get to work, they are still cold and stay that way for a few hours. 

Enjoy!!! 

Popular posts from this blog

Black Berries Hanging from Trees: Accounts of Black Women Lynched in America

Interracial Relationships, Symbols of Hate, and Supreme Court Rulings

Stereotypes and Images of Black Women in the Media