Garbanzo Bean and Avocado Sandwich

Hey scholars!

Since becoming vegan, the only sandwich I have had were the occasional subs from Subway. Other than that, no sammiches fam! I miss having a sandwich for lunch. So my grocery shopping trip today was to get fixings for sandwiches with the hope that it turned out to be good. These sandwiches consists only of produce. I am not brave enough yet to try vegan "lunch meats." 


Ingredients:

1 can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup cilantro, diced
1 lime, juiced
1/8 cup dill
3 stalks green onions , chopped
1/4 red onion, diced
1 stalk celery, diced 
2 slices of tomato
garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper to taste  
Bread- I used pitas 

Directions:

Drained the chickpeas or garbanzo beans, add to bowl (you may peel the outer skin from the beans, this is optional)
Add avocado to bowl and mash the beans together with a fork or potato masher (I found that using a fork was not working well for me and I never had any use for a potato masher, so I used the food pusher from my blender.)
Once the beans and avocado is mashed well together, add all the ingredients except the tomato slices.
Place the tomato slices into the pita
Add the mixture to the pita

You may also add stuff like sprouts, spinach leaves, and lettuce. If you want, you may use this as a dip and eat with chips or fresh veggies. 

I paired this delicious sandwich with a mango and kombucha, which is locally made and black owned!!! 



Enjoy!!

Popular posts from this blog

Black Berries Hanging from Trees: Accounts of Black Women Lynched in America

Interracial Relationships, Symbols of Hate, and Supreme Court Rulings

Stereotypes and Images of Black Women in the Media