Tastes Like "Tuna" Spread

Hey scholars!

Before I became a vegan, I loved tuna. Since changing my lifestyle, I never thought that I would have something like it again. This recipe is essentially the same as the Garbanzo Bean and Avocado mixture, however, there a a couple of changes in the ingredients as well as the technique. This recipe may be the best sandwich I have made. Probably better than any tuna salad I have ever made. Lets get into it.

Ingredients:

1 can of garbanzo beans
1 avocado
1 stalk of celery
2 sprigs of dill
1.2 lime, juiced
1/4 red onion
1/4 tomato
3 tablespoons of Vegenaise
1 tablespoon of mustard
a few dashes of: cayenne, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, sea salt 

Technique:

Drain the beans; cut the avocado and remove the seed; dice the celery, onion, and tomato; remove the dill from the stem; add everything to the food processor. I pureed everything until well mixed. The texture made me think it would not be good or have a pleasant feel, but everything about it is really good. I could have eaten the spread right out of food processor's bowl.  




This may be eaten as a spread or dip or a sandwich. I used a Flatout Foldit 5 Grain Flax because it is all I have at the moment. I would recommend using a pita or sliced bread. Jazz it up a bit with lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, peppers, etc. I used none of those things because tomorrow it grocery shopping day!! I am also enjoying a jar of the green traffic light juice I made a couple of days ago. 

Enjoy!! 


Popular posts from this blog

Black Berries Hanging from Trees: Accounts of Black Women Lynched in America

Interracial Relationships, Symbols of Hate, and Supreme Court Rulings

Stereotypes and Images of Black Women in the Media