Monday, July 31, 2017

Vegan Queso Dip

Hey scholars!

When I first became a vegan almost two years ago, I was not knowledgeable about vegan cheeses. I was like, well, consider any cheese dishes I used to enjoy in the past. The vegan cheese industry is booming. According to research, it is on track to be worth billions by 2020! This speaks to consumer buying power, shopping trends, and the popularity of non-dairy lifestyle changes. Cheese is amazing and can make or break a sandwich! Who doesn't love nachos. I know I do. I needed to make a cheese dip. Here is the queso dip I whipped up.



Ingredients:

1 cup of nut based milk, I used almond milk
3 tbsp nutritional yeast seasoning
1.5 cups of cheddar vegan cheese, I used Daiya 
2-3 tbsp green chilies
1 diced tomato
black pepper and sea salt to taste 
green onions, optional

Directions:

In a saucepan, bring the milk and yeast to a boil
Add the cheddar
Whisk the mix until it thickens up
Add the chilies and tomatoes 
Turn off the heat
Add salt and pepper 

Eat with chips or make nachos! 



Enjoy!

20 Things About Me

Hey scholars! I did this post back in July 2015, so I thought that I would update it.  1. I am a vegan. A strict vegan. When I first sta...